By Henry C. Clark
Read or Download Compass of Society: Commerce and Absolutism in Old-Regime France PDF
Best political history & theory books
Governance discourse facilities on an "ideal variety" of contemporary statehood that indicates complete inner and exterior sovereignty and a valid monopoly at the use of strength. but glossy statehood is an anomaly, either traditionally and in the modern foreign approach, whereas the of "limited statehood," in which nations lack the capability to enforce relevant judgements and monopolize strength, is the norm.
This concise diplomatic historical past of the Confederation period is the 1st new paintings at the subject in a iteration. In its pages, 3 unique diplomatic historians supply a realist interpretation of ways within which the Founding Fathers carried out international affairs, fresh our collective reminiscence approximately their priorities and their values.
Compass of Society rethinks the French path to a notion of 'commercial society' within the 17th and eighteenth centuries. Henry C. Clark unearths that the improvement of marketplace liberalism, faraway from being a slim and summary ideological episode, was once a part of a broad-gauged try and deal with a couple of perceived difficulties known to Europe and specific to France in this interval.
Europa verdankt seinen Wiederaufstieg nach zwei Weltkriegen dem Marshall-Plan und dem Schuman-Plan. Ohne diesen wäre jener weitgehend wirkungslos geblieben. Nach dem Schuman-Plan sollte die in den 50er-Jahren einzig mögliche wirtschaftliche Integration das Ferment für einen gemeinsamen Staat abgeben.
- Climate Crisis and the Democratic Prospect: Participatory Governance in Sustainable Communities
- Narrative Formen der Politik (German Edition)
- Politische Theorien zur bürgerlichen Gesellschaft: Von Hobbes bis Horkheimer (German Edition)
- Die Abstammung der Griechen und die Irrthümer und Täuschungen des Dr. Ph. Fallmerayer (German Edition)
- Public Administration in Perspective: Theory and Practice Through Multiple Lenses
- The Fall of the US Empire: Global Fault-Lines and the Shifting Imperial Order
Additional resources for Compass of Society: Commerce and Absolutism in Old-Regime France
Compass of Society: Commerce and Absolutism in Old-Regime France by Henry C. Clark