By Jill Kilsby
Give your scholars the easiest likelihood of luck with this attempted and validated sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview specifications of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every appropriate specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for various classes including:
- AQA: Spain within the Age of Discovery 1469-1598
- Edexcel: The Golden Age of Spain, 1474-1598
- OCR: Spain 1469-1556
Read or Download Access to History: Spain 1469-1598 Second Edition PDF
Best world history books
LUST FOR INCA GOLD is a masterful mixture of heritage, biography, legend and storytelling, delivering a definitive account of the Llanganati Treasure tale. The narrative is said via firsthand debts of the Spanish Conquistadores and recognized explorers of the sector; Richard Spruce, Captain Blacke, Jordan Stabler, Colonel Brooks, Captain Loch, Commander Dyott, Luciano Andrade, Rolf Blomberg and Eugene Brunner.
The Enlightenment and faith: The myths of modernity deals a serious survey of non secular switch and its reasons in eighteenth-century Europe, and constitutes an intensive problem to the authorized perspectives in conventional Enlightenment stories. concentrating on Enlightenment Italy, France and England, it illustrates how the canonical view of eighteenth-century spiritual swap has in truth been built upon scant facts and assumption, particularly the concept the idea of the enlightened resulted in modernity.
For over 3 and a part years, from 1779 to 1783, the tiny territory of Gibraltar was once besieged and blockaded, on land and at sea, through the overpowering forces of Spain and France. It turned the longest siege in British historical past, and the obsession with saving Gibraltar was once blamed for the lack of the yank colonies within the battle of Independence.
An unique and eye-opening examine the French Revolution, by means of Stephen Clarke, writer of one thousand Years of frustrating the French and A yr within the Merde. Versailles appears to be like again on the French Revolution and the way it’s surrounded in a fantasy. In 1789, nearly nobody in France desired to oust the king, not to mention guillotine him.
- Someone Would Have Talked: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the Conspiracy to Mislead History
- Women and Business since 1500: Invisible Presences in Europe and North America? (Gender and History)
- Interpreting American History: Reconstruction
- Johann Gottfried Herder on World History: An Anthology: An Anthology (Sources and Studies in World History)
- Fanaticism and Conflict in the Modern Age (Military History and Policy)
- Around Trona and Searles Valley (Images of America)
Extra resources for Access to History: Spain 1469-1598 Second Edition
Access to History: Spain 1469-1598 Second Edition by Jill Kilsby