By John Phillips
John Phillips, English geologist (1800-1874)
This e-book offers «A Treatise on Geology», from John Phillips. A dynamic desk of contents permits to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Introductory View Of The items Of Geological Science
- basic Reasonings about the Substance Of The Globe
- sequence Of Stratified Rocks
- natural is still Of vegetation And Animals
- old View Of The Stratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Post-tertiary And glossy Deposits
- Unstratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Mineral Veins
- glossy results of warmth within the Globe
- kingdom Of Geological Theory
- renowned perspectives And competitively priced purposes Of Geology
Read or Download A Treatise on Geology PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Die Hochkulturen Mesopotamiens und Ägyptens sind die Wiege der Mathematik. Der overseas angesehene Mathematikhistoriker verfolgt die Geschichte mathematischen Denkens vom four. Jahrtausend v. Chr. bis zum 20. Jahrhundert. Er schildert die mathematischen Ideen, Methoden und Ergebnisse ebenso wie die Kulturen, in denen sie sich in Wechselwirkung zur Gesellschaft entwickelten.
The nuclear iciness phenomenon burst upon the public's attention in 1983. further to the horror of a nuclear war's speedy results used to be the phobia that the smoke from fires ignited via the explosions may block the solar, developing a longer "winter" that will kill extra humans all over the world than the preliminary nuclear moves.
Nanotechnology has been the topic of intensive ‘assessment hype,’ in contrast to any earlier box of study and improvement. A multiplicity of stakeholders have began to examine the consequences of nanotechnology: know-how evaluation associations around the globe, non-governmental businesses, imagine tanks, re-insurance businesses, and teachers from technology and expertise reports and utilized ethics have grew to become their realization to this growing to be field’s implications.
This hugely multidisciplinary assortment discusses an more and more very important subject between students in technology and know-how reviews: objectivity in technological know-how. It good points 11 essays on medical objectivity from quite a few views, together with philosophy of technology, historical past of technological know-how, and feminist philosophy.
- Mattering: Feminism, Science, and Materialism (Biopolitics)
- Science and Religion: A Historical Introduction
- The Moon in Modern Astronomy, Summary of Twenty Years Selenographic Work
- Righting America at the Creation Museum (Medicine, Science, and Religion in Historical Context)
- Robinson's Progressive Practical Arithmetic
Extra resources for A Treatise on Geology
A Treatise on Geology by John Phillips