By Dan R. Olsen
In the early days of computing, technicians in white coats managed refrigerator-sized desktops housed in sealed rooms, faraway from usual clients. this day, desktops are reasonably cheap commodities, like tv sets,
and usual humans regulate and have interaction with them. This new paradigm has ended in a burgeoning call for for graphics-intensive and hugely interactive interfaces.
Developing person Interfaces is concentrated on the programmer who will truly enforce, instead of layout, the person interface. such a lot person interface books specialise in psychology and usefulness, now not programming innovations. This publication acknowledges the necessity for programmers to collaborate with usability specialists and psychologists, so issues akin to the foundations of visualization, human notion, and value evaluate are touched upon. but the first concentration continues to be on these instruments and methods required for programming the complicated person interface.
* makes a speciality of complex programming topics
* occasion handling
* interplay with geometric objects
* widget software kits
* enter syntax
* worthwhile to programmers utilizing any language—no specific windowing approach or instrument equipment is presumed, examples are drawn from various advertisement structures, and code examples are provided in pseudo code
* the elemental techniques of conventional special effects corresponding to drawing and three-d modeling are lined for readers with out a special effects background.
Read Online or Download Developing User Interfaces (Interactive Technologies) PDF
Similar human-computer interaction books
This quantity provides the lawsuits of the eleventh foreign convention at the layout of Cooperative structures (COOP 2014). The convention is a venue for multidisciplinary examine contributing to the layout, evaluation and research of cooperative platforms and their integration in firms, public venues, and way of life.
Use this easy-to-digest short creation to leverage search engine marketing (SEO) - an central technique used to enhance the visibility of web sites utilizing varied ideas and methods. utilizing a calculative and functional strategy, this booklet teaches you the concepts, sensible implementations, and ideas of website positioning that would allow you to familiarize yourself with the basic features of search engine marketing.
This booklet reviews at the cutting-edge in actual ergonomics and is worried with the layout of goods, technique, companies, and paintings structures to guarantee their effective, secure, and pleasing use by way of humans. With specialise in the human body's responses to actual and physiological paintings calls for, repetitive pressure accidents from repetition, vibration, strength, and posture are the most typical kinds of concerns tested, besides their layout implications.
The two-volume set LNCS 10426 and LNCS 10427 constitutes the refereed complaints of the twenty ninth overseas convention on computing device Aided Verification, CAV 2017, held in Heidelberg, Germany, in July 2017. the full of fifty complete and seven brief papers provided together with five keynotes and tutorials within the lawsuits was once rigorously reviewed and chosen from 191 submissions.
- Better Decision Making in Complex, Dynamic Tasks: Training with Human-Facilitated Interactive Learning Environments (Understanding Complex Systems)
- New Trends in Medical and Service Robots: Assistive, Surgical and Educational Robotics (Mechanisms and Machine Science)
- Handbook of Camera Monitor Systems: The Automotive Mirror-Replacement Technology based on ISO 16505 (Augmented Vision and Reality)
- Handbook of Virtual Environments: Design, Implementation, and Applications, Second Edition (Human Factors and Ergonomics)
- Biometric Security and Privacy: Opportunities & Challenges in The Big Data Era (Signal Processing for Security Technologies)
- Universal Access in Human–Computer Interaction. Human and Technological Environments: 11th International Conference, UAHCI 2017, Held as Part of HCI International ... Part III (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Extra resources for Developing User Interfaces (Interactive Technologies)
Developing User Interfaces (Interactive Technologies) by Dan R. Olsen